Powdercoat preparation time for the Monster Project. Even though I had so many things mapped out in my head, it always takes longer to do once you’re in it. Similar to me taking off my rear shock and taking the swing arm apart. Oh it’s just a few bolts, right… RIGHT?! WRONG… so wrong.
Combine the fact that this bike was somewhat neglected and abused before I got it with the reality that I’m still learning as I go… it took me like 2 hours. I started at almost 12am (blame my insomnia). Needless to say I was tired as hell the next day at work. It started with Heath dropping off my frame, all tail chopped and with new steering stops.
I posted a wish list for the Monster Project a while back that included a ton of extras I need(ed) to make the Monster shine. One of which was rear sets. Surprisingly hard to find for this bike, given the hideous set the bike comes equipped with. Rizoma makes some that hover at a cost of $600… too rich for my blood. I decided to hunt, hunt, hunt… But I did NOT want anything I was going to have to fabricate a bracket for. I am approaching the point of too many projects on this bike. I want to get it done.
Join me on my journey as I locate some sweet, inexpensive rear sets.