While I’m finishing the Monster, I’ve had a lot of things rattling around in my brain for this Rust Bucket / BSA Project of mine. Firstly, I found out it’s a 1958 BSA A7 or A10. The difference being the exact model and either 500 or 650cc (thanks to everyone who corrected my typo). I’m stoked to know it’s about 7 years older than I thought and pre-1960s! So cool.
Hand stamped VIN number close up- this is one thing I love very much about this bike. It might have been bondo-ed to shit, but damn it has character. Paul D’Orleans of the Vintagent clued me in on the fact that all British bikes have hand stamped identification numbers. I had no idea!
Anywho, I figured I’d share some of the inspiration I’ve collected while figuring out exactly where to go with this.