The last part of the Monster building process that I wrote an ‘official’ article about was when I finished the rolling chassis at SDS and moved it to my living room for awhile.
So, last I left off in Monster Project blog updates… I couldn’t find all the important bits for the rear wheel and attaching it to the bike. Axle, spacers, etc. I ripped apart my garage and stayed up until 5a putting it back together and just couldn’t find them.
I called everyone who’s shop the bike had been at to double check I hadn’t left it somewhere, and finally caved and replaced the rear axle and spacer bits. I stopped by Cheshire Motorsports on Division in Portland and they had the parts I needed… used! Cost me $40 and I was back in business.
Trying to get blog updates for the Monster Project all caught up, been a busy bee. If you recall, the bike was transported in pieces to SDS via my Honda coupe.
Those who payed attention to instagram saw it being put back together by myself and the veteran racer Nobi Iso.
It has been a while since I updated on the Monster Project, though actually a lot has been going on. If you recall, the bike was transported in pieces to SDS via my Honda coupe. But prior to that, I tried to get myself a roller using only my limited tools and small garage space.